THE WATER AND ENVIRONMENT SANITATION NETWORK (WESNETWORK)
is a membership based Civil Society network that coordinates the work of NGOs working in the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) subsector in Malawi. It recognizes the role of Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) in economic development and poverty reduction. WESNetwork was established in 2005 and got registered with Malawi Government in 2011. WESNetwork’s head office is in Lilongwe with representation across the country by its member organizations.
WESNetwork is the national umbrella organization of NGOs, CBOs, Private Sector and individuals in the Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WASH) sector in Malawi, and ensures coordination among these stakeholders and with the government. In fulfilling this mandate, WESNetwork produces an annual performance report for CSO working in WASH sector, maintains a directory of all active CSOs in the WASH sector and host various sector sharing and coordination platforms such as Thematic Working Groups and Regional Chapter.
We execute our mandate with consistent competence, dependability, responsibility and accountability.
We believe in creativity and continuous improvement in the conduct of our business.
We value team work as it makes us work together harmoniously towards a common goal.
We abide by ethical and moral standards of fairness and honesty in all our undertakings.
We are very committed towards attainment of the Network goals in the community.
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
Since the network aims at enhancing coordination, transparency, accountability, advocacy and knowledge sharing for provision of high and sustainable Water and Environmental Sanitation services in Malawi, it shall therefore exist for the following objectives:
- To act as a collective mouth piece of NGOs operating in the Water and Environmental Sanitation Sector
- To build a positive and collaborative relationship between WES NGOs and other stakeholders be it government, donors etc. to promote partnership.
- To provide a research-backed common platform for advocacy in the WASH sector
- To act as an independent advisor to the government on standard services, accountability and financing in the WASH sector.
- To promote adherence to high standards in provision of services in the water sanitation sector in line with government policies
- To promote water and sanitation to the poor and underprivileged through civic education and other suitable means.